Celebrate the flavors of spring with the following recipes that are healty and easy.
Time : 55 min
This fresh and zesty sauce is the perfect complement to chicken – throw in some greens to add some colour
- 2 skinless chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 glass white wine or low-salt stock
- 1/2 lemon plus its juice
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- pinch dried dill
- pinch black pepper
Gently fry the chicken in the oil until golden brown. Then carefully remove and put on a plate.
Toss the mushrooms and onion in the oil and add the wine. Simmer over a low heat and add a pinch of dill.
Grate the lemon skin into the pan, and add the parsley, lemon juice and black pepper. Simmer until the sauce has reduced by half and then put the chicken back in the pan. Cook for another 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with boiled rice and steamed green vegetables, such as cabbage or green beans.
Time : 30 min
A simple and tasty dish packed with a range of vegetables
- 150g long grain rice
- 300ml boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp oil 1 onion, finely chopped
- 25g peas
- 25g mushrooms, sliced
- 25g baby sweetcorn (optional)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 3 minutes.Then add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, stir in the rice so that it’s coated in oil.
- Add the water, stock cube, peas, sweetcorn and curry powder to the pan and stir well. Bring the rice to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Serve the rice in a bowl and sprinkle the tomato on top.
- 1 crisp lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 175g carrot, grated
- 175g baby turnip, grated
- 500g new potatoes
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt freshly ground black pepper
- 30g French dressing with garlic
- Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes until soft and then leave them to cool.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, put the lettuce in a bowl or large plate and arrange the rest of the vegetables on top.
- Then simply put the new potatoes on top and drizzle with seasoned yoghurt and the garlic dressing.
Source: Food Standards Agency